What You Can Do
Take Action at Home
- Use natural landscaping practices: plant native plants, compost, use fewer pesticides and less water.
- Take care of your car: fix oil leaks and wash your car on the lawn, not in the street.
- Protect stream banks and beach bluffs: keep them naturally vegetated and fence out livestock.
- Conserve water: install low flow showerheads, faucet heads and toilets. (More about water conservation from the Saving Water Partnership (external Link))
- Reduce runoff: plant trees, minimize paving and minimize runoff to storm drains to keep clean water in your local streams year round.